Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lost in a corn maze

I've never been a fan of corn mazes. I'd never been to Cornbelly's (*gasp* of shock and utter disappointment) but I've been to loads of pumpkin patches.

 It's not my thing.

I don't really like pumpkins, dirt or a gazillion or so kids with dirty, sticky faces communally climbing, touching, smelling, licking or eating the same play structures as my kids.

Or using porta-potties.

Well, I got too much sleep last night, which allowed my courage to come out.



So... I did it
. I broke down and took the kids to Cornbelly's - the pumpkin patch to end all patches. The corn maze to end all corn mazes. The dirty, sticky kids' faces... well, you get the picture.

The kids had a blast.




I even attempted to wander through the corn maze. 

Every time i took the lead, we got more lost. Every time Aj took the lead, we got less lost. That's not to say that we weren't lost. It just means we were tired. But, never fear, with Aj as my fearless leader, we got to the final turn and hit a dead end.



Gavin forged ahead - determined to find the path that would lead us to the final bridge.

Aj just cut through the corn stalks and found the bottom of the stairs.

Just like that.

I called Gavin over and he protested, ever my child full of integrity and determination; however, I pointed out that I, as a mother, couldn't abandon Aj and stay in the corn maze without him. We absolutely HAD to cut through. In this case, it's the law.



 
I mean, I was disappointed we didn't get to get lost anymore and wander aimlessly through dirt and dead corn but I took one for the team.

Mother of the year, right here.

I'm still not sure what all the fuss is about with these corn mazes and such. Maybe someone has some answers?











Oh and if you're wondering..
 the germ-a-phobe/neat freak in me stayed in check thanks to Dr. Pepper and Coke - for 4 whole hours. Now my children are in the bath, their clothes are being washed and the car has already been vacuumed. It's a sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment