Sunday, October 7, 2012

Aj is 8!!

This birthday was so fun, although different than I'd ever thought it would be.
 
That's because we didn't, as I'd always pictured my family doing, hold a baptism for Aj. The reason for this was simple - as a family, we no longer practice the LDS religion.
 
That being said, I still see age 8 as being a pretty fabulous one and we made it a day of celebration, because he deserves it.
 
He wanted Boondocks and IHOP. Best part of your birthday is that you get to do whatever you want. And he wanted cake. And presents. And his best friend.
 
You got it, my little man.
 
It may not have been what I'd always pictured, but it was perfect for Aj.
It was all about him.
It was fun.
Just like my crazy boy.












A letter to Aj on his 8th birthday -

9/30/2012
Dear Aj,

The day before you were born, I was freaking out. I was talking to my friend on the phone and telling her how I didn't know how I could love another baby as much as I loved Gavin. I just didn't know if it was possible.

And then, it was the big day. The nurse was supposed to call but we missed it and got to the hospital pretty late. It was about 8 Am and everything was ready to go. You came so fast and it wasn't too hard or painful. Daddy was there and Nana and Papa. Thd doctor laid you on my belly and you were so chunky and cute. I was in love all over again. That's when I realized that I would love you forever, because you were given to me - a gift from God - and you were all ine. Nothing can change that love.

I am just as in love with you today as I was the day they placed you in my arms. You are everything i imagined you to be - and so much more. Your smile lights up a room. Your personality is so big and your happy spirit is so contagious that people are naturally drawn to you. You are a magnet - a force in this world. Use it for good, Aj. Always, always, use it to help people and create peace and happiness. You are so tender - hearted and kind and I love your hugs and kises. I love your cuddles and your desire to have me be around you. It makes my heart so happy.

I love you so much that I worry about you. I want you to be happy and to always try hard. i want you to be safe and to enjoy all of God's gifts to you. i want you to have good fridns and make happy memories. i want youto learn and grow and find joy in all God has enabled you to become. you are truly amazing and i thank God for you, every single day.

I am so glad you are mine. You are so good and kind and wonderful and I mean thata. I see it every day. Sure, we all make mistakes but that is part of growing up. If we never make a mistake, we'd never learn or get better.

You are my rock star. you make me laugh - you make me happy to be alive. I am so grateful to be your mom. I am so grateful God sent you to me and showed me how easy it would be to be completely in love with you for the rest of your life.

Happy 8th Birthday, buddy.

You rock.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment