Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What we've been doing

I can't remember the last time I posted.

Spring Break, we met my parents in St. George.

Mother's day, we went to Moab

May was generally spent wrapping up the school year.

In June, I had some *Ahem* surgery done and spent most of that recovering.

We've gone to 7 peaks, the outdoor pool, the library and the Children's Museum.

We have swim team practice and soccer team practice, summer camp (OVERNIGHT for my Gavin-boy... a whole week!) and chemistry camp.

Driving, driving, driving.

and a lot of staying home and playing video games.

Which, makes my kids super happy. No, really... I'm not being snarky. We're on the go so much that they genuinely enjoy being home.

I've only heard "i'm bored!" a couple of times... so I think we're doing pretty well.

Now that mom is up and about again, they AREN'T super happy that I am now aware of the piles of junk they've created the last 3 weeks. And we're working on that.

But.

I've been pleasantly surprised that there hasn't been a TON of arguing and Aj and I have had at least as many cuddles as we have fights. As long as we come out even at the end of the day, I feel pretty darn good about that.

There's been a lot of giggling and playing and mess-making and cleaning up.

It's been a pretty darn good first month of summer and I'm grateful for that.

I might even say it's going by too fast and I will be sad when it's over. *knock on wood*

That's why I'm writing this blog today. Because I'm really HOPEFUL that I'll feel this way in another month but no one really knows. This way I will have this remembrance that at one point this summer, I really did enjoy my kids.
















































 p.s. I just made a goal to blog more of our stuff. Because these days are passing way too quickly. and i'm going to be sad that I haven't written things down.

No comments:

Post a Comment