Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's the little things.

I tutor a little boy for reading twice a week. I asked him today if he liked his teacher. He said yes. Then he paused, looked at me and said, "And I like you."

Aww, buddy. I like you, too. A whole lot.

I had a big, rough and tumble, 3 yr. old boy on my lap today because he was terrified that his mom wouldn't know where to find him if he wasn't at school. He just curled up and was safe, as long as he was in my arms.

I read a story today by Gavin and only mildly winced at the grammar but laughed-out-loud at the story and his 'voice'. It was just good.

I giggled when Aj dumped out his pockets on the kitchen table and covered it with quarters because he's taken up selling his pokemon cards at school for a quarter a piece.

I have a daughter who thanked God for toilets and toilet paper during prayers last night because it was Johnny Appleseed's birthday and he had to "do his business" in a hole in the ground. As much as I wanted to snicker along with her brothers, i couldn't... because she was so sincere.

My son's best friend refuses to say "good-bye" to Aj, EVER. Even when he just leaves our home to go to sleep in his own bed.

I went to swim practice and watched my kid's practice and talked with some of the coolest ladies on the planet. I am lucky to associate with them. They have become my allies, my support system, my friends.

I had a moment where i felt angry today. But, in answer to a prayer to change my heart and outlook, i was reminded of all the little things that make it all worth it.

We're busy. We work hard. But it's all worthwhile and meaningful. And I thank God I got to live this life today. It's pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment